Employee and Industrial Relations Specialist at Air Traffic and Navigation Services
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Bruma, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Market Related salary
Job 2196696 | Ref 1311
Posted 07 Mar 2018 by Air Traffic and Navigation Services
About the Position
Applications are invited for the position of Employee and Industrial Relations Specialist (Grade Email Address successful applicant will be reporting to the Executive: Human Capital.
Main purpose of the job
- The provision of specialized advice in terms of Industrial and Employee Relations Management.
- To ensure development and maintenance of a harmonious employer/employee relationship in ATNS.
- Provision of specialized advisory and consulting services.
- To provide the highest level of service with regards to leading Employment Equity initiatives in the organization
- Develop, implement and maintain effective IR and ER policies, practices and processes
- Continuously monitor and evaluate all HR policies against current and relevant labour law.
- Continuously monitor all relevant practices against applicable aviation legislation, rules and regulations, e.g. CAR & CATS.
- Evaluate the ER/IR service requirements of the business, taking into account Management, Employees and the representative Trade Union.
- Consulting and advising Line Management on IR issues
- Advise on the operation of industrial awards and agreements
- Co-ordinate negotiations between management and Solidarity
- Recommend and administer IR policies and procedures
- Maintain good relationships between employers and employees
- Examine and attempt to resolve industrial disputes and grievances in the workplace
- Counseling on matters related to IR
- CCMA representation
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relations
- Development of staff in line with ATNS strategic objectives.
- Manage performance of departmental staff.
- Management and control of departmental budget.
- Provide monthly reports to various stakeholders and forums.
- Promote the ATNS corporate culture in support of the corporate objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- communicate effectively with all organisational stakeholders
- identify, integrate and explain the complexity of issues in employee and industrial relations
- play a constructive role in setting a productive employee and industrial relations business climate
- provide leadership and advice on matters relating to employee and industrial relations
- represent the company in collective bargaining
- Represent Company at CCMA
- company policy and procedure - in particular the disciplinary code
- industrial relations theory and practice
- the Labour Relations Act and other relevant acts
- the theory that underpins labour and employee relations
About The Employer
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time