Procurement Specialist at Air Traffic and Navigation Services
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Bruma, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Market Related salary
Job 2196690 | Ref 1310
Posted 07 Mar 2018 by Air Traffic and Navigation Services
About the Position
Applications are invited for the position Procurement Specialist (Grade Email Address successful applicant will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Supply Chain Management.
Main purpose of the job
- To ensure procurement efficiency and to comply with good corporate governances.
- To monitor competency through proficiency assessments and audits to ensure complaints to the BEE and procurement policy.
- To foresee the adherence of ATNS to the PFMA and other statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To develop a criteria for an approved supplier and maintain the approved supplier base.
- Record the status of all suppliers on a procurement data base and apply relevant criteria.
- Maintain the BEE score per supplier on the financial system (e.g. excel spreadsheet for quick calculation on BEE).
- Develop and maintain a BEE procurement statistics report.
- To develop a user friendly form in terms of supplier verification which will include bank details, vat number and contact person
- To establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supplier's as and when required which will include sites visits should it be required to do so.
- To negotiate with preferential suppliers for better payments terms and prices.
- Identify possible volume purchases at lower prices within certain period.
- Do tender process on previous identified volume purchases.
- Evaluate and recommend volume purchases suppliers to System Accountant.
- Bi annual best quotes obtained as well as quality of goods or services obtained.
- Reduce number of suppliers: (e.g. assessment on all existing suppliers to check for duplication on services).
- A needs assessment to ensure that goods or services are acquired in order to deliver the agreed service, ensuring the supplying industry has been analyzed).
- To monitor and ensure that supplies are reviewed on their performance annually.
- ATNS BEE approval and annual verification.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Understand the needs of interested parties: customers and suppliers
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships to derive a competitive edge
- Ensure that tender evaluations are done in line withh PPPFA as amended and applicable National Treasury regulations
- Establishment and continual improvement of QMS processes
- basic negotiation and/or contract administration
- reviewing budgets for a supply chain management function
- setting budgets for a supply chain management function
- supply chain management function and implementations
- Knowledge of current BEE policies
- Knowledge of relevant government supply chain management legislations
- Knowledge of PFMA
About The Employer
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time