Compliance Officer at Air Traffic and Navigation Services
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Market Related salary
Job 2155010 | Ref 1231
Posted 12 Oct 2017 by Air Traffic and Navigation Services
About the Position
Applications are invited for the position of Compliance Officer (Grade 8) based at Bruma, Johannesburg. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Senior Manager - Legal and Compliance.
- Present compliance reports to the ATNS governance structures
- Evaluate compliance risk assessments and advise business on compliance risk treatment initiatives
- Facilitate the development of compliance controls frameworks on an annual basis
- Schedule compliance assurance activities in order to monitor ATNS's compliance with regulatory requirements/obligations
- Advise stakeholders on best practice control measures to treat compliance risks
- Investigate compliance issues and regulatory matters arising
- Develop and conduct control self-assessments based on the approved compliance control frameworks
- Report control self-assessment findings to governance structures
- Conduct compliance monitoring in accordance with the assurance strategy and plan
- Formally raise and report on issues of non-compliance, recommend corrective actions and monitor the implementation of corrective actions
- Track implementation of corrective actions and report deviations to governance structures
- Review new business/projects for compliance with regulatory requirements and advise business
- Ensure adequate compliance training is provided
- Monitor adherence to company human resource policy, procedures and disciplinary code.
- To be accountable for the promotion of the ATNS corporate culture within area of responsibility in support of corporate objectives.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for legal compliance and licensing, registering, renewing and assigning Trademarks and Intellectual Property.
- Liaise with various stakeholders and routine administration on aviation projects and general insurance and other relevant policies.
- Liaise with Forensic Auditors, Senior Counsel and the police when required on behalf of ATNS and / or its shareholder.
- Keeps management fully informed of all new developments in compliance legal matters, and keeps all levels of management informed of applicable new compliance laws
- B Com Law, LLB (Bachelor of Laws) or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years regulatory experience
- Compliance Officer Exam completed
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- analyse and interpret information
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- be firm, yet tactful when dealing with clients
- interact with people at all levels
- investigate and assess new and proposed legislation and regulations
- being the custodian of company policy information
- ensuring legal compliance of company's policies, regulations and procedures
- liaising with attorneys regarding litigation matters and consultative opinions
- negotiating, preparing and advising on legal aspects of credit agreements
- undertaking revision of company policies and procedures
About The Employer
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time