Officer in Charge Oic Fakn at Air Traffic and Navigation Services
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Market Related salary
Job 2154514 | Ref 1227
Posted 11 Oct 2017 by Air Traffic and Navigation Services
About the Position
ATNS is seeking a candidate to ensure that the Air Traffic Service is provided in a safe and expeditious manner, in accordance with Company policy and ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARP's), in order to meet and satisfy the reasonable requirements of the aviation community. The incumbent will also be required to plan and implement procedures and projects and to supervise training and proficiency maintenance programs at FAKN.
- Comply with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Comply with the Safety Management System (SMS)
- Responsible for roster planning
- Conduct station investigations for the MATS involved
- Maintain records, provide reports and other activities as required
- Monitor and report on the training plan
- Actively partake in ensuring the workplace environment is conducive to employee well being
- Convene meetings as required
- Coach peers and subordinates
- Ensure the availability of all the necessary facilities, equipment and publications required for ATS personnel to successfully function
- Direct and schedule the work of personnel under control, to conform to approved/prescribed ATC procedures and practices, thus ensuring that the service is continuous and standards are maintained
- Current Aerodrome and Approach Procedural Control Ratings
- Current OJTI Rating.
- Prescribed managerial training.
- 2 years ATCO 2 experience
- One year OJTI experience
Desired Additional Education, Work Experience and Personal Qualities
- ATM/CNS Course
- Team Resource Management Course
- ISO Internal Auditor Course
Skills and Competencies
- High level of specialist ATM knowledge
- Time management
- Good Supervisory and Organisation skills
- Sound interpersonal relationship
- Making decisions and weighing risks
- Good communication skills
- Highly developed sense of responsibility
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- align customer needs to business requirements
- communicate effectively with customers
- determine customer needs
- active listening
- looking for ways to help people
- talking to others to convey information effectively
- air traffic control services
- legislation applying to the provision of aviation services
About The Employer
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time